OpenMooCow 0.3

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at
Tue Jan 6 12:26:12 CET 2009

Thomas White wrote:
> Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at> wrote:
>> My SHR is "unable to open audio". But the older moocow worked with
>> the same setup.  I can stop speech-dispatcher, but it doesn't help.
>> There is no snd-pcm-oss module to load, bt the previous moocow didn't
>> need that.
> Previous meaning version 0.2?  All the previous versions are available
> from my site:
> - would you be able to check version 0.2 again to be sure?  This is
> particularly puzzling because the audio parts of the program haven't
> been touched between 0.2 and 0.3...

Strange. I must have done something wrong, this time both
version 0.2-r2 and version 0.3 moos, as soon as I stop

The accelerometers don't work though. hexdump /dev/input/event2
gets me changing output as I turn the phone around. event3 is
dead, perhaps that is the problem?

I have a 2.6.24 kernel, as SHR doen't work well with 2.6.28 yet.

Helge Hafting