Openmoko keyboard mockup

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:28:44 CET 2009

I also am somewhat surprised by the lack of an excellent code-friendly
keyboard. I use QWO because it actually has the capability of syntactical
symbols and is relatively finger-friendly. Still, sometimes you just can't
beat good ol' fashioned QWERTY. I like the idea, though, of a keyboard that
takes up the entire screen with just a little space at the top to see what
you're typing, and once you've finished you can dump the whole mess into
whatever textbox is focused. A lot more real-estate that way. It doesn't
have to be transparent either.

I read most of the explanation of Illume's error-corrective keyboard, and it
sounded so great, I went and tried it. However, when everything except
"Hello" was listed when I typed "hdllo" and "hwllo" I gave up on it. :(
Also, it DESPERATELY needs a reset button to start over on the word, if it's
not in the list.

--
Thanks,

The Digital Pioneer