When will kernel 2.6.24 be replaced by andy 2.6.28 kernel for better suspend/resume?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 6 22:51:09 CET 2009

Paul Fertser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> writes:
>> I installed the om toolchain and compiled the 2.6.28 kernel after some
>> help of [1] and google with "./build dummy". After i compiled the kernel
>> i got "dummy/uImage-GTA02.bin" what looks quite good so far.
>> But how do i extract the compiled modules from the dummy directory to
>> package them for transfer to the freerunner?
>
> You gave a parameter to the build script, so it should have installed
> the modules to the "staging" directory and made a file named
> modules$VERSION.tar.gz . Just scp it to your FR and untar to / .

That's what is also described on the wiki page but there is no modules
tar.gz file. I searched the whole linux-2.6 directory with all subdirs
without luck.

I did a "./build dummy" again and i see that at some point it shows
"Building modules, stage 2.". And after that all modules are listed with
extension *.ko which is correct. After i took a closer look i can see
that within dummy and all these other files are the wanted *.ko files.
But it doesn't exist any archive with all of them in it. Now i could
search for every *.ko file and extract it out of dummy, but i don't
think this is normal. :/

Could it be that i have to issue some command which produces the modules
tar.gz file?

Ciao,
     Rainer