Zhone frequent wake

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Wed Jan 7 15:51:49 CET 2009

Thank you for your help and sorry I did not get it the first time around.

After much digging, I found that frameworkd is, in fact, sending the
correct commands to the modem when suspend is called on the framework.
The problem on my system was that "apm -s" was being invoked directly
in rules.yaml instead if "Suspend()". After fixing that, power button
suspend is working great.

This leads to a follow-up question. Does anyone know if it is possible
to easily change (i.e., without re-compiling) the way
enlightenment/illume suspends? The power management through
enlightenment seems to still use "apm -s" instead of the framework. It
would be nice to have the automatic suspend working as well.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:33 AM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>> understand why it would be necessary to change the way suspend is
>> activated as I think you may be suggesting.
>
> not the way, suspend is activated but the activities executed when
> suspending.
> you could simply add the four commands before the call to "apm -s". of
> course you would need to reset the commands' results on resume.
>
> last time i checked fso calling "apm -s" did not exectute the files in
> /etc/apm/suspend.d/ (and resume.d on resume), so you need to make sure,
> that upon suspend these commands are executed.

Dylan Maxwell Reilly