GPS wrong longitude

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 11:13:20 CET 2009

2009/1/8 Nicolas Laurance <nlaurance at zindep.com>:
> After the fix, Tango shows me on the correct position on the map
> but in the Trip tab the latitude data is completely wrong, more than 1
> degree west

sorry if i'm being missing the point and being pedantic, but i'm sure
latitude measures angle north/south of the equator.

longitude measures the angle east/west of the greenwich meridian

are you at a point where the two have similar values, and getting them
the wrong way round?

alternatively, how precise is the lat/lon reading? tangogps provides
an hdop value - realistically, this should be as low as possible.
maybe you can't get a good fix, because of trees/buildings/old kernel
with microsd interference?