[FSO-SHR] SMS-Middleware - Need Help

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:16:27 CET 2009

Hi all

I am trying to use Sms-Middleware
http://code.google.com/p/sms-middleware/
which theoritically allows you to load actions when receiving sms with key
codes. For example : filter sms from your mum, run any shell command , etc.
It is very promising for me, so I tried to install the last ipk on my
updated SHR(testing).

I haven't seen any email to contact the authors, so I hope they receive the
community list.

After the installation, I have 2 new icons on the desktop : SMG and SMM.

SMG : I can load the first one, but I have not understand how to use it. The
only response I get is with the button "install plugin". When I do install a
plugin (rpc.py for example), I still cannot view it on the plugin list.
SMM : when I click on this SMM icon on the desktop, I get an error, and
nothing loads.

That is where I am now. Has anyone tried this software ? Is it still under
developpement (I saw the last ipk was released on august) ?

thanks in advance for any help

kimaidou