[hackable1] Working mouse "out of the box"

wp wpmaillist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 01:36:15 CET 2009

Hi

As I haven't found any of reports of getting mouse working on neo in
host mode, I'm writing here just to announce that - it works! Forgive
me, if my searches weren't good enough ;) At least, there is only
about keyboard in "Usb host" section on the wiki, nothing about mouse;
in mailling lists and google neither.

As I remembered, neo's host mode can provide only 100mA. Today (first
day of using hackable1), I thought - why not to try connecting mouse
to neo? I had my usb connector (self-made, not checked before) so I
just took it and put in the socket. Toggled usb host mode and.. woah,
it works! Not too fast, not too slow. Left mouse button works, right
and the rolling one do not. My mouse is Logitech Laser Class 1.
Freerunner recognizes it, as a Logitech (lsusb). I tried my friends
one too, same model but wireless - works like a charm. The only
problem is after rotating - it doesn't affect the pointer, so it's
rather hard to use a mouse in landscape mode.
I need to check how much mA does it takes, any ideas how can I do that?

So, I just wanted to share that with you.

Greetings.