[debian] RFH to create a usable illume setup

Nikita V. Youshchenko yoush at debian.org
Sat Jan 10 16:39:20 CET 2009

I've put together a set of armel debian packages, including latest Albin's
e17 package with illume included. See

Yes, illume may be started on Debian now.
No, it is not usable yet.

Attempt to start it (by putting 'exec enlightenment_start' into
~/.xsession) shows lots of issues:
- font is tiny; attempt to enlarge it from setting dialog does not change
font in illume's title bar;
- no applicatrion icons - can't start anything;
- no keyboard.

I'm seaching for helo from people familiar with illume on how to configure
it properly. Given information is found, I will probably be able to build
a ready-for-users package.