python-elementary missing (also concerning

Risto H. Kurppa risto at
Sun Jan 11 08:34:46 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Johny Tenfinger <seba.dos1 at> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 11:02, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at> wrote:
>> I tried to look for it in the repositories and this is the only place
>> I was able to find it:
>> - in the SHR
>> repositories..
> Download it from shr-unstable - in shr-testing is old version, which is buggy.

I've now triead shr-unstable and shr-testing and I get:

root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg# DISPLAY=:0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/", line 2, in <module>
    import elementary, os,time, sys
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elementary/", line
2, in <module>
    import c_elementary
ImportError: /usr/lib/ undefined symbol:
root at om-gta02:/etc/opkg#

It's nice to find programs that _almost_ work but it's a bother to try
to find out why doesnt' it work..

And I agree that should have a 'distro' flag and also the
licences should be visible, as well as the source codes.