GPRS unreliable: long lasting connection fail

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Mon Jan 12 09:13:56 CET 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Niccolo Rigacci wrote:

> I tried Om2007.2 and Om2008.12 without GPS multiplexing: I
> just stop gsmd (2007.2) or qpe (2008.12) before starting pppd and
> chat, but the problem is still there.
>
> - Can gsm0710muxd (GSM multiplexer) help in some way?
>
> - Does GPRS require pppd or are there different software
>  solutions? Don't know FSO, etc...
>
> What are other experiences with long-lasting GPRS calls?

i use 2008.12 with gsm0710uxd, and i've had fairly long travelling GPRS
calls (15-20 minutes on the train back from london).  since i have an
all-you-can-eat GPRS plan, i'd happily try this for myself and give you
feedback.  how long is "long-lasting", for you?

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net