for sale: openmoko phone

jamal hadi at
Mon Jan 12 23:08:47 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 20:30 +0100, Michael Zanetti wrote:

> Yes, I have no GPS + SDCard issues here with rev A5 and no Hardware fix. The
> software fix does his job great.

Ok, good to know before i go looking for that soldering iron - thanks.
I believe i have Rev A5.

root at om-gta02:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARM920T rev 0 (v4l)
BogoMIPS	: 199.47
Features	: swp half thumb
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 4T
Hardware	: GTA02
Revision	: 0350
Serial		: 0000000000000000

Image is one i upgraded about a couple of weeks back.
root at om-gta02:~# uname -a
Linux om-gta02 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Wed Dec 17 02:13:29 CST 2008 armv4tl

I just made a call using my Fido sim-card and i am told there's still
some huge echo and someone else mentioned the infamous buzz. Would
that "buzz" not require one of those hardware mods?