freeze on GTA02 with high CPU load

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue Jan 13 04:48:15 CET 2009

Jean-Philippe Andriot wrote:
> I just by a new FreeRunner and flash it with Om2008.12 (kernel, rootfs and u-boot)
> But I have big troubles with it : lcd and everything freeze.
> I use the default image and installed no package yet.
>
> After doing some tests, I can tell that :
>  + seems ok when phone is charging and running idle (lcd on, suspend disabled)
>  + when CPU is running at 100% during a couple of minutes then freezes.
> this happens easily while playing with contact list, location (moving in the map)
> or going inside installer.
>  + when frozen, next reboots will fail and freeze during X init.
> I have to wait some time before being able to use it again. That makes the phone
> totally unusable.

This seems an issue really similar to the one I had (if you look around
in the archives you should find my reports)... I never noticed the CPU
usage, but simply the phone freezed after some usage due to a glamo issue...
If this is the problem, there's a patch on git that fixes it but I don't
know if it has been applied to the Om2008.12 kernel.

Give a try to this kernel image [1] (that I've compiled with the fix
that works for me), and let me know if you still get these freezes.

Bye

[1]
http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb/openmoko/uImage-gta02-stable-3v1n0-git-mixture-2.bin

--