Openmoko keyboard mockup

Chris Samuel chris at
Tue Jan 13 09:12:04 CET 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 5:11:45 am Stefan Monnier wrote:

> > [1] - which is ironic given that they were invented to encourage people
> > to publish their ideas rather than keep them secret.
> Actually, not so ironic: it basically means that rather than keeping
> them as internal secrets, they get to lock them in
> a government-provided vault.

Where everyone can read them and the protection expires after a time.

Don't get me wrong, I think patents are bad, especially these days where the
techniques are often obsolete before the patent expires. :-(

 Chris Samuel  :  :  Melbourne, VIC

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: