which SHR image

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Jan 13 10:53:22 CET 2009

Thomas Franck wrote:
> Helge Hafting wrote:
> [an excellent and helpful text]
>
> Wow.. that was thorough... Thank you for that - although I'm past that
> stage it was very good to read..
>
> Maybe one more thing to ask (as I have no clue):
>
> Do you happen to know the difference between the unstable and testing
> images of SHR..?

Not completely sure, but I guess this is like debian:

testing:  Reasonably rested, but not necessarily release quality.
unstable: Newer stuff than in "testing". This is where you find the very
           latest stuff, but untested. Sometimes, unstable stuff
           doesn't work. So you can test it to see what is coming, but
           be prepared to revert to "testing" or some earlier "unstable"
           image if it fails badly. Not what you want for a quick
           upgrade of your daily phone.

Helge Hafting