My solution (was: Car Charger?)

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Tue Jan 13 15:34:35 CET 2009

        The problem I had was that the FR has it's buttons and USB port
        at the bottom and the holder comes designed to hold the mobile
        at the bottom ;)

        It has two pieces: One that attaches to the car, and the other
        which
        holds the mobile.

        I just flipped the whole thing over, so it holds the FR at the
        top. But then with the vibrations it would come off so I just
        glued the two pieces together.

It would be nice to ask X11 to rotate everything 180 degrees.  Then the
"top" of the Openmoko would become the bottom.

Sounds like a good application of the accelerometer to me.

md
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several
countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used
pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.