[FSO] Speed gps time to firxt fix up?

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Tue Jan 13 16:04:34 CET 2009

Hi,

On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:23:25 +0100
Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> I did nothing special.
> I only deinstalled gpsd and installed fso-gpsd. Some time ago fso-gpsd
> wasn't working good at all. But a few weeks ago i tried again to
> replace gpsd with fso-gpsd and since than it works ok.
> Interesting is that with fso-gpsd the gps chip is activated as soon
> as a connection to the fso-gpsd port is opened. And it is deactivated
> when the last connection closes. This feature has pros and cons but
> at the moment i like it. :)

You can set the resource policy to enabled if you'd like to keep GPS
on. See
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.Usage.html;hb=HEAD#SetResourcePolicy
for more information. It would be pretty easy to write a program to
manipulate the policy of all the resources, but nobody has done that
yet I believe.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann