[om2008-9] Never able to successfully backup the jffs2 partition...

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 13 18:33:10 CET 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009, john dowd wrote:
> To be clear, you are saying that this is a u-boot issue?

There was an issue with u-boot failing to transfer correctly from phone to PC,
usually when trying to back up the rootfs. I remember mention of a patch, but
I can't confirm that it's now fixed as I've not tried it.

> I usually go
> and sacrifice a few chickens and make sure that it's a new moon before
> I update a bootloader. Especially when I don't have a debug board or
> external way of updating flash.

With the FR you don't need to worry too much as there is a failsafe u-boot in
NOR in addition to the updateable one in NAND. The failsafe one can't be
overwritten if you don't have a debug board, so you can always use it to
flash a new bootloader to NAND.