GPRS unreliable: long lasting connection fail

Eldon Koyle ekoyle at
Tue Jan 13 20:25:54 CET 2009

I was looking at this once and I think the problem might be that pppd
closes the device and re-opens it before reconnecting, and the mux
device is no longer usable once it has been closed.

I didn't verify this, but it seemed logical to me ;).

Eldon Koyle
BOFH excuse #153:
Big to little endian conversion error