buzz fix (was: Pulster offer - Freerunner now 249 eur)

Martin Bernreuther MartinBern at web.de
Tue Jan 13 22:57:57 CET 2009

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009 schrieb arne anka:
> > I am kind of not understanding why the OM team is not helping on this
>
> PLEASE, STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY AND READ THE ARCHIVES!

PLEASE no more "READ THE ARCHIVES" platitudes! But more Wiki Links ;-)
On the other side please no baseless accusation of the OM team!

No. This should be no offense and I can understand that it's
annoying, if people always ask the same questions. But...
Recently I was searching for a solution to one of my various
FR problems and Google pointed me to a archived email
of someone asking the same on this list. Great! But
when I read the answer "read the archives" (from "arne anka")
my problem was still not solved!
If you watch somebody drowning, will you tell him it's wise to
learn swimming or throw a lifesaver?
Do you really expect a newbie to read all archived emails
of the past (most of them maybe outdated). And this list is "noisy"!
The focus might also change. Starting with distro A,
someone might not follow a discussion with a problem of distro B.
Changing to distro B, it's also hard to get all the information from
the archives.

Looking at the wiki, it's sometimes hard to find the right entry.
With all these distros it's also sometimes confusing, which method
works for which setup. It's hard to keep everything up to date with
this sometimes fast development.

If there's some outcome of a discussion, it should be
gathered on the wiki. IMHO it's a waste of time, if all people
read all these emails in the archives in the first place.
Usually people first read books to get a basic knowledge
and articles as a supplement for the latest news. It's not
common e.g. to learn the basics of physics reading all the
letters between physicist of the last centuries, but reading
a book accumulating  the results.

Sorry for that off-topic email (no one should feel offended)
and special thanks to the wiki writers!

Regards,
	Martin Bernreuther
Martin Bernreuther	MartinBern at web.de