shr- GPS howto?

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Tue Jan 13 23:06:45 CET 2009

ok, it's the first time I'm looking into this GPS stuff.

Following the suggestion from Timo in another post, I do a

cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron

(which is different from his
/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-regltr.7/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron,
but that's what I found)

and that gives me 0. A echoed a 1 to it, but it's the first time a learn
about sysfs and I'm not sure this way of setting configuration really works.

Anyway, I telneted then to the port but I'm not really familiar with
these GPS codes. This seems to be NEMEA data and a quick reading tells
me that $GPRMC should give me my coordinates but I'm getting empty stuff

$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,*31

so something with the device is not working. Also, TangoGPS tells me "no
GPS found".

Any further suggestions from here?

Regards,
Fernando