Multiple internet connections

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Wed Jan 14 02:20:36 CET 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:48:18 -0800, Sargun Dhillon
<xbmodder+openmoko at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, this is probably  better for the support list, but, what you're
> talking about is possible.
> Also, university is useless, getting yourself kicked out may actually be
> useful.
> Howto:
> Create two routing tables
> echo "20 gprs" >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
>
> ip route add default via $PPP_ENDPOINT dev ppp0 table gprs
> ip rule add from $PPPADDRESS lookup gprs
>
> then keep the other routing table in place, you can manipulate that
> without knocking out your PPP connectivity.

Caveat:  You can't accomplish this with the busybox-as-'ip'-replacement
used by default on the FR, you need the complete iproute2 version.
(busybox version doesn't support 'table' or 'rule')   I've not noticed if
it's made it into a feed yet, I always install
http://newkirk.us/om/iproute2_2.6.26_armv4t.ipk which I built a few months
ago and keep at the 'FR stuff' link in my sig.