Out of date, please update me

Daniel Spies daniel.spies at fuceekay.com
Wed Jan 14 16:02:02 CET 2009

Dear community,

I am in the list now since before the release of GTA01 and used to read
most of the messages. After the release of GTA02 a huge flame war started
and after some mails regarding the future of OM I was unsettled and decided
to wait for a while. The amount of mail per day increased and I could not
read all of them any more. So now I'm really not up to date and am not sure
what's all about.

I hope someone could answer me a few questions... :)
 - I'm developing a lot with OpenGL these days, is there any way to get a
usable 3d performance on the GTA02 today/plans for the future?
 - Is there any major issue with the GTA02 hardware (e.g. possibility of
getting destroyed hardware by the battery or whatever)
 - I know staff won't tell me much about GTA03, but I hope to just get the
information if the case design will be different? I'm fine if one could
tell me if it will be _not_ egg-shaped and will have _no_ hardware keyboard
(just like the GTA01/02 but not egg-shaped). I don't like the design...
Maybe there is a rough painting or something?
 - What about the OS thing? When I stopped reading there were messages
saying the "core" of OM will be decided and programmed by OM internals.
What is the status now, what is done by OMs only?
 - Maybe there is a information page about the GTA03 and I just didn't find
it, is there?

To prevent people from flaming about my questions about GTA03: It's 90%
sure that I will buy a GTA02 as I was searching the web for weeks and could
not find any other device like the FR. And as I still use my Nokia 3410
it's time to get a new mobile device now. GTA03 is not available yet, so
there's only the GTA02 left. I just hope to have a preview on the GTA03 to
decide if I will look for different devices or just wait for the GTA03 to
come out after getting the GTA02.

Thanks for all your comments!