Conflict when several apps use the accelerometers?

Olivier Migeot larrycow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:59:10 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM, VirtuAlex <virtualex at linuxoid.net> wrote:

> Fully exclusive access is not a solution. It just defeats the purpose of
> multitasking. Actually I think the window manager should dispatch
> accelerator events, like it dispatches the mouse events. Only focused
> application should receive them

Well, unless we decide of a new kind of focus ("accel-focus" or
something), this should be more flexible. For example, some background
apps might want to get accel' data : auto-rotation tools (yeah I know,
the whole point of managing accelerometers through the WM would be to
bury this practice), HDD-parkers (yeah I know, there's not HDD in
Neo's), ... Seriously, I can't get anything serious as an example, but
I think you got my point.

This apart, I'm all for the WM-based path. This should be a
freedesktop standard or something, actually. Or has it more to do with
Linux' input layer? Or Xorg's? I don't know...

--
LC