QT goes LGPL

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Wed Jan 14 17:23:24 CET 2009

Well if you read your own link you would see that that RMS actually
recommend the LGPL in cases like Qt, I quote:

"The most common case is when a free library's features are readily
available for proprietary software through other alternative libraries.
In that case, the library cannot give free software any particular
advantage, so it is better to use the Lesser GPL for that library."

I think it would be hard argue that a UI toolkit is not readily
available for proprietary software through other alternative libraries.

Christian