Conflict when several apps use the accelerometers?

Thomas Otterbein th.otterbein at gmx.net
Wed Jan 14 18:10:29 CET 2009

> Fully exclusive access is not a solution. It just defeats the purpose of
> multitasking. Actually I think the window manager should dispatch
> accelerator events, like it dispatches the mouse events. Only focused
Okay, that's basically what I meant with "deamon". A piece of software that's
responsible for reading the input of a device and forward pre-computed
information as events to whoever might be concerned.

Side-effect: If the accelerometer get's replaced by another model only this
part has to be rewritten and not all software using the feature.

While writing these lines: I think Gestures
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Gestures) may do exactly this already.