[no distro] What console s/w are linux people using to communicate with the Neo FR boot loader?

john dowd jdowdster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:43:15 CET 2009

The communication works fine with neocon. Thanks.

My problem now is that I follow the wiki for setting up the SD to be a
backup system. I get into the boot loader and add the menu line:

setenv menu_2 Boot from microSD part2 (ext2+ext2): setenv bootargs
\${bootargs_base} rootfstype=ext2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootdelay=5
\${mtdparts}\; mmcinit\; ext2load mmc 1 0x32000000 \${sd_image_name}\;
bootm 0x32000000

I also check it with the "printenv" command and then use the "saveenv"
to write it to NAND. What happens is that the command returns :

GTA02v6 # saveenv
Saving Environment to NAND...
Erasing Nand...GTA02v6 #

and when I restart to the boot loader menu, my menu entry is not there.

Cheers!!