Dual touch display

Fielder George Dowding fgdowding at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:30:13 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Lothar Behrens
<lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> if not yet posted: I have found a dual touch / multi touch input device for
> pens and fingers.
> It may be interesting, if GTA3 design not finished yet. But I don't know
> about availability :-)
> http://www.n-trig.com/Default.aspx
> Lothar
>
> -- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
> Lothar Behrens
> Heinrich-Scheufelen-Platz 2
> 73252 Lenningen

Hi,
This looks good. I wonder about the openness of the hardware as well
as the drivers. I don't have any experience with the iPhone type
screen input, but I have had a Palm Z22 for two or three years now.
Its claim to fame is the "Graffiti" stylus entry feature. I can enter
the usual English alphanumeric characters including common punctuation
marks by fairly simple strokes. Entering additional characters (and
punctuation) requires a two step process. There is a special area,
about the bottom quarter of the screen which accepts only these
strokes.

It would be great to have the functionality of the dual touch / multi
torch input in an open development environment.

Cheerio!

--
Fielder George Dowding, KL7FHX
dba Iceworm Enterprises