[FSO] Bluetooth Networking with DBUS API

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 16 14:28:22 CET 2009

Am Friday 16 January 2009 10:04:22 schrieb Michael Tansella:
> Hi,
> Is there any howto for using FSO for SSH networking via Bluetooth. I know I
> have to use
> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
> /org/freesmartphone/Device/PowerControl/Bluetooth
> org.freesmartphone.Device.PowerControl.SetPower 1
> to Power it on and
> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
> /org/freesmartphone/Device/PowerControl/Bluetooth
> org.freesmartphone.Resource.Enable
> to enable the resource

The recommended way with the latest framework would be

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy u"BT" u"enabled"

> But then I don't know how to continue. There are so many Methods and
> possibilities.

frameworkd is not creating its own bluetooth stack, we will recommend using
the BlueZ dbus interface for everything that it offers -- eventually
completemented with some higher level APIs for scenario handling and file

So, for the time being, please refer to the bluez dbus API docs.