[All] To build a better music player

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Fri Jan 16 16:27:50 CET 2009

The locale error is a red herring.

I will try to devote some time this weekend to fixing the problem with
ogg. I was short sighted when I added the ID3 tag reading and forgot
to make it work with ogg too. If you are impatient, you can look in
mplayerbackend.py and comment out the part that uses ID3 to read file
details. It's in the function that loads files into a play list.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:26 PM, The Digital Pioneer
<digitalpioneer at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I installed python-pyalsaaudio and it seems the mplayer backend no
> longer crashes, but it complains that there's no locale or translation file.
> Also, my collection is OGG, which doesn't play. When I attempt to load a
> file, I see a line in the output saying "error executing:'ARTIST'". This
> makes it (still) impossible to play music. :(
> The line about the locales is:
> No Locale found, falling back! Error was:[Errno 2] No translation file found
> for domain: 'pythm'
> --
> Thanks,
> The Digital Pioneer
> _______________________________________________
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
> http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community

Dylan Maxwell Reilly

More information about the community mailing list