[Om2008.12] Remove Install Bar (raster?)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sat Jan 17 01:52:12 CET 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 01:22:35 +0100 "boilersoup at gmail.com"
<boilersoup at gmail.com> babbled:

> > I did this previously by going through all the resources, one by one,
> > disabling them and then recompiling the theme. It took a couple of hours but
> > it worked. Whichever file you use to tell the theme to set a background
> > image, it's in there somewhere.
> >
> > Of course, since then I've reflashed the phone several times and never did
> > note down what I'd done. D'oh.
>
> I can't seem to find it.
> Maybe this ticket is the beginning of the INSTALLER button story ?
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1582
>
> If yes, Raster: how do I remove the bottom Install Bar ?

you can at best just modify the theme to have blank invisible stuff for
flaunch. you can't get rid of it. by the time i implemented this specifically
for the om ui design, there as no point making it optional because 1. there was
unhappiness me spending any time on anything out of spec (so making it
optional is out of spec). and even if i did make it an option - om had no
desire to use the config ui illume/e already had and wanted their own python
exposure thing - which wasn't going to get an option for this - as the ui for
that was specified explicitly.

so basically its there. like it or not. at best you can fiddle the theme to
make it invisible. :)

i normally have a policy of making as much configurable or modular as possible
(or that is sane/i have the time to do). it's a real pain as anything always
takes longer to do at the start as you have to sit and think of a whole bunch
of possible configuration cases and how that interacts with everything else
etc. so i understand why om doesnt want config - but you pay the price for it
later when users dont like what they have and are stuck. :(

i haven't really fiddled with illume much of late (working on e core and
elementary), but when i roll back around to it i'm going to really gut illume
into multiple modules, and do the ui so it's much better and closer to what i'd
have wanted :) but it will just take time.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com