Workaround for using speech-dispatcher without blocking /dev/dsp for other apps

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 12:08:27 CET 2009

Interesting workaround ;)
Pratically, the only modules to cheange from "alsa" to "oss" (for me) are:
- espeak.conf
- festival.conf
- flite.conf
- ibmtts.conf

But, for a n00b like me, it is not clear how the
/etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher file should be adapted. Could you provide
directly the adapted file?

Regards,

--
Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
    mailto:fradeve at ubuntu-it.org
    http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/FrancescoDeVirgilio
*Wikimedia Italia Member*
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Fradeve11
*Blog*
    http://fradeve.netsons.org
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"