[debian] LXDE?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Jan 18 13:45:32 CET 2009

> I've switched from debian+LXDE to SHR for several weeks.
> ShR is not perfect though, it is not released yet.

i am perfectly happy with debian (in fact. it was a major point when
purchaisng the fr that debian will run on it, not some home made linux
distribution).
what i was looking for was a more finger/stylus friendly and maybe more
econimical (memory- and cpuwise) gui.
since somebody asked for reports, i posted my experiences.

the most interesting thing was/is the tabbed gui, like the eeepc comes
with, which is delivered by lxlauncher.
lxlauncher in turn does not depend on lxde -- so i installed it again and
started with xfce.
imagine my surprise when it came up: fonts were ok! still no way to
configure anything, but excpet fonts there's not much to configure anyway
(the tabs could be bigger, easier to hit with a finger).
i need to figure out, how the apps relate to the tabs; probably some entry
in the .desktop file.