QWO tentative package for Debian is out

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Sun Jan 18 22:55:33 CET 2009

I've built tentative Debian package under H1 (based on Debian), so it
should work on any more or less up-to-date Debian-based distro

deb file for armel is available from
http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/sid/perspect/binary-armel/x11/qwo_0.3+git20090110+6db30-1~pre3_armel.deb
or for i386 if you run Debian there as well
http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/sid/perspect/binary-i386/x11/qwo_0.3+git20090110+6db30-1~pre3_i386.deb

you can dget sources using this dsc
http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/sid/perspect/source/x11/qwo_0.3+git20090110+6db30-1~pre3.dsc

or just fetching from git repository (which will move eventually I hope
into upstream's):
http://git.onerussian.com/?p=deb/qwo.git;a=summary

There is still an issue to resolve with .desktop file, so I am waiting
on upstream's ideas/feedback, but you can give it a try on your phone.

Also, I guess, it is needed to discuss proper way (alternatives?) on how
to switch between different keyboards implementations on debian systems.
For now, you can do evil:

cd /usr/bin
mv xkbd xkbd.moved
ln -s qwo xkbd

to have qwo your default keyboard appearing on AUX press

since I had no time to figure out if used keyboard is configurable at
all atm. but I've given a try -- qwo works fine -- I can enter text ;-)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]