QWO tentative package for Debian is out

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Sun Jan 18 22:55:33 CET 2009

I've built tentative Debian package under H1 (based on Debian), so it
should work on any more or less up-to-date Debian-based distro

deb file for armel is available from
or for i386 if you run Debian there as well

you can dget sources using this dsc

or just fetching from git repository (which will move eventually I hope
into upstream's):

There is still an issue to resolve with .desktop file, so I am waiting
on upstream's ideas/feedback, but you can give it a try on your phone.

Also, I guess, it is needed to discuss proper way (alternatives?) on how
to switch between different keyboards implementations on debian systems.
For now, you can do evil:

cd /usr/bin
mv xkbd xkbd.moved
ln -s qwo xkbd

to have qwo your default keyboard appearing on AUX press

since I had no time to figure out if used keyboard is configurable at
all atm. but I've given a try -- qwo works fine -- I can enter text ;-)