Jabra BT3030 experience anywhere ?

Carl Lobo carllobo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 06:17:38 CET 2009

Hi,
It seems like Steven managed to get his headset working routing the
sound over HCI. The FR has this high tech sound chip that is directly
connected to the GSM module and hence can (theoretically at least)
keep the CPU off while you're on a phone call. This mode also supports
full duplex (which AFAIK is unsupported using HCI routing) which means
you can use both the mic and speakers of the headset for a phone call.
I'm not sure if anyone has been able to send sound to the headset from
the CPU on a Freerunner using the Wolfson chip directly. The way the
FR is supposed to work though is the control channel of the headset
needs to be routed through HCI and the sound should be through the
wolfson, else it will end up eating out the battery.
I've not been able to get my Jawbone working with either way, it
doesn't have A2DP support...  It works with the same version of Bluez
using my laptop and other devices... The most I've gotten out of the
FR is that the connect and disconnect happens properly and it's acked
by the headset - HCI packets get sent using the method above, but no
sound on the FR. Same for the wolfson way. I've tried setting all the
alsa params possible... Maybe someone can shed some more light on
this.