Jabra BT3030 experience anywhere ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Mon Jan 19 14:34:12 CET 2009

Hi,

now I have got the Jabra BT3030 working. Excelent sound, no crushing
noices as experienced with my Mac OS X :-)

I also have successfully tested connection with a second phone to test
incoming calls. I'll hear a ring and I could accept
and speak.

Once the mplayer didn't come back with sound. I'll figure out the
cause if I have time. Restarting helped to solve.

The installation steps, Steven has explained, are correct, but on the
2008.12 are some packages not installed.

I am using mplayer. And there is a working description as of post from
Glen at 29. Dezember 2008 04:27:48 MEZ.
There was only an issue with the libgcc library that was too old, thus
sdl couldn't be installed, what mplayer caused to
be not startable. (At least today)

After installing the following package, sdl was installable and
mplayer would work.

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/libgcc1_4.2.4-r5.1_armv4t.ipk

Also missing is the bluez-utils-alsa package. Mplayer couldn't find

These are my packets:

root at om-gta02:~# opkg list_installed | grep blue
bluez-audio - 3.33-r3 -
bluez-hcidump - 1.42-r0 -
bluez-utils - 3.33-r3 -
bluez-utils-alsa - 3.33-r3 -
bluez-utils-compat - 3.33-r3 -
kernel-module-bluetooth -
3:2.6.24+gitr76014+fb42ce6724576fc173faf8abfb04aa2c36d213b7-r2.01 -
libbluetooth2 - 3.33-r0 -

The other packages are as reported from Glen.

Here is my script to use the headset. (The bluetooth device must be
activated, or added as a line):

#!/bin/sh

export DEVICE=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

/etc/init.d/bluetooth stop
/etc/init.d/bluetooth start

sleep 1
passkey-agent --default 0000 &

sleep 1
echo Create bonding
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /
org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.CreateBonding string:$DEVICE

sleep 1
echo Activating service audio
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez
org.bluez.Manager.ActivateService string:audio

sleep 1
echo Creating device
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /
org/bluez/audio org.bluez.audio.Manager.CreateDevice string:$DEVICE

sleep 1
echo Connecting sink
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez "/
org/bluez/audio/device0" org.bluez.audio.Sink.Connect

To use the bluetooth audio device, the player has to started with the
correct parameters.

Have fun - I have :-)

Lothar

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de