Jabra BT3030 experience anywhere ?

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:19:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Lothar Behrens
<lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de> wrote:
> I have choosen this to have one script and not another for bonding to be
> issued before. If the bonding is done, the output of that command
> could simply ignored.
> There are other samples for passkey gathering. I had no luck with the GUI
> (python, import gtk) because of propably missing python
> libraries.

Are you talking about the scripts on the bluetooth wiki page ? If so
they don't work properly with bluez 3.33 which last time I checked is
the version in most repositories They are also suffering some bitrot
and probably need some rewriting.

As far as bonding to a device thats already bonded is it's better to
delete the old bonding and create a new one. I found that if the user
was trying to re-pair a device there's was usually a reason. Some of
these headsets will only store pairing for 1 device so a new paring
may be required if it has been paired with a deifferent device since
the FR last saw it.

Angus

--
Angus Ainslie