Pimlico on the Freerunner ?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Jan 20 11:53:33 CET 2009

> I'll try and get some packages up soon, but I've never packaged anything
> for Debian before, so that may take some time.  I had to install quite a

to create the debian infrastructure in plain sources i use
dh_make
it asks you a few questions and the creates the debian/ directory. for
version numbering you need to edit debian/changelog, for the description
of the package debian/control, for configure options debian/rules.
to create a package run
fakeroot debian/rules binary
and you are good.
you could even use dpkg-buildpackage (which works with cross compiling
too), besides the package at least it produces *diff.gz, *.dsc and
*.orig.tar.gz which you can feed to the pbuilder if you don't have a cross
compiling environment.