Replacement Battery with 2300mAh, possible?

Gothnet openmoko at
Tue Jan 20 15:05:03 CET 2009

Leonti wrote:
> Sometimes they are not putting the right specifications on the batteries.
> Right now I have in my other phone (k700i) battery with the capacity
> double of the original one. But this is just a label. Uptime is the
> same as with the original battery.
> My point being that for more capacity you need to have bigger battery.
> It's not possible to contain more energy in the same amount of
> electrolyte. Ate least not for a battery for 11 euro.
> Leonti

I was wondering if the FR battery had pretty much hit the limit for modern,
affordable battery tech.

After searching around for a while myself I've found a variety of other
batteries that claim 1300, 1400, or even 1600 mAh in compatible
form-factors. But they're all on ebay and I don't trust 'em. Especially with
this line in the description -

"A temporary short capacity of new battery will be resulted from not used
for a long time, it is normal, the total capacity will be reinstated via
used for 3-5 times."

Bad english aside, it sounds like a con. Though for £7.50 it's almost worth
a try....