Yaouh! out (update for tangogps maps)

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Jan 20 19:00:44 CET 2009

Risto H. Kurppa wrote:

> I think you got me wrong: yes, I know that it can download new tiles,
> but if you already have downloaded the tiles of some area and then
> after some months you'd like to get the latest map tiles (=dowload the
> latest, changed tiles), does the 'download tool' do it or does it see
> that the tiles are already there and will not download anything.

The 'download tool' download the tiles so that you get the newest ones
even if you had some old outdated tiles there. I don't know if it
downloads _every_ tile blindly, or only those that changed since last
time. But all tiles within the visible region, down to the configured
zoom limit will be new up-to-date tiles once the download finishes.
Assuming there are no network errors/timeouts - that can leave old tiles
or even blank areas.

Also, if you have old tiles down to a deep zoom level, then the
innermost ones aren't updated unless you specify sufficient depth. The
yaouh tool is better, in that it updates every outdated tile regardless
of zoom level.

Helge Hafting