Pimlico on the Freerunner ?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Wed Jan 21 06:01:09 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:40:57 +0800, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com>
wrote:

>> could
>> toolchain.
>>
>> join the club
>>
>> i find it very frustrating that i and others have lots of software
>> ideas, that can be coded/re-packaged, but we're hamstrung by what
>> should be a fundamental piece of software that openmoko does
>> everything in their power to support
>>
>> more developers = more software = more phones sold
>>
>> openmoko, any chance of working on this?
>
> We have no plans to work on a calendar in 2009. That's a tricky
> application with lots of details. We want to deliver the basics first.
> Resources, in 2009, are focused completely on delivering a stable daily
> phone. I don't want to change this until we meet our goal.
>
>    -Sean

Unless I'm quite mistaken, the request was for Openmoko to offer an
officially-supported development environment, beyond a tarballed toolchain
and wiki instructions.  Personally I've found the toolchain to be
sufficient unto my needs, and have pointed people to an Ubuntu-based vmware
image at the "FR stuff" link in my sig that contains preinstalled
toolchain, qemu, and various other useful accoutrements.  But an official,
actively-maintained and actively-supported complete development environment
/would/ be welcomed by many in the community, IMHO.

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)