[FSO] issues using fso images / no wireless

Daniel Spies daniel.spies at fuceekay.com
Wed Jan 21 12:47:46 CET 2009

Hello list,

as I still cannot compile FSO on my machines I tried to use the already
build images provided by [1]. After flashing the kernel and rootfs I could
easily boot und setup my FR. Now it seems there is no Dialer and/or Contact
application preinstalled. I wanted to install them from the repos, but
after establishing a connection to a wireless network it turned out that
doesn't work at all. I got my IP address and 'route' tells me the default
gateway is set properly. But no packet seems to go out... So, anyone know
if there is a known issue with wireless on the current FSO builds? I'm
ready to flash again if I did something wrong, if you help me. I didn't use
file, I simply don't know what to do with it. May this be a problem?

Used files for flashing are:

[1] http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-testing/images/om-gta02/