Linball (Linux Pinball) game on Openmoko Neo

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at
Thu Jan 22 04:36:16 CET 2009

Hello Marco,

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at> wrote:
> > The last year we wrote a pinball game for a contest
> and now
> > we want to share a version for Neo devices.
> Nice... However I've a feature to suggest to simulate
> the dual-touch
> (and so to use both the right and the left flippers
> together):
> Simply, while playing, move away the "play"
> option and then place
> between the "left flipper" and the "right
> flipper" buttons a listener
> for the mouse pointer (something like an event box).
> So, if the pointer is between the right and the left
> flipper (i.e. if
> the user is pressing on both the flippers), you sould make
> both the
> flippers move. Maybe you could also decide which one should
> move before
> than the other looking where the mouse is (if it is more on
> the right or
> on the left).

Good idea :) I was thinking about dual-touch but I didn't like
my ideas, so I am going to develop your idea if there is not
another bettter ;-)

> PS: what about a little bigger screen too? :)

Yeah, we would like more size eh? :) But when I work with scroll
and bigger sizes the game is not fluent :(
I started with a smaller size and I after some improvements in the
code I got the current size.. I am not sure if I will be able
to have nice scroll with bigger sizes, but I will my best ;-)
(we already know the problems with graphics there).

Moreover I could avoid the scroll using the whole screen but
I like the scroll because the game loses action if the table
is fixed and only the ball is moving.

Thanks for your feedback,

Rafael Ignacio Zurita
Buenos Aires, Argentina