[Tango-GPS] Map bulk download?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:30:39 CET 2009

2009/1/23 Matthew Lane <malane at purdue.edu>:
> I was wondering if anyone has a tar'd compilation of all the USA maps?
> I'd like to bulk download to my SD card all of the maps for at least my
> area, if not my state and the entire country.  I'm aware tango-gps can
> bulk download up to +6 zoom levels, but this isn't enough for me!  Thanks.

how big is your microsd card?

some rough calcs show, that even at 5kb per tile, to get the entire
country you're going to need a 5TB card for zooms 5-18, to store a
billion files

this may be helped by the suggestions elsewhere of using one copy of
the blank land/sea tiles, and linking to it, but not a huge amount

are you sure you need all those tiles?