Speech dispatcher output to bluetooth (navit) ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Thu Jan 22 21:38:41 CET 2009

Has no one got the output of speech-dispatcher into a bouetooth
headset ?

Using mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth works, but not spd-say. It
always comes out of the speaker.
When I use espeak -w file, the file comes with rubbish - or too fast.
I assume it is not 44100.

Also doing so takes a while more to be transformed and may not well
suited for navit.

Even when I take my working mplayer script that automatically connects
to the bluetooth device,
it seems to be required to explicitly using -ao alsa:device=bluetooth
to get bluetooth working.

Without that the sound comes from the internal speaker.

Is it right that then speech-dispatcher must be modified to support
bluetooth device ?

Thanks

Lothar