[android] inital thoughts

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:48:59 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 06:21, Charles Pax <charles.pax at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the rumors [1] of the G2 are true, we won't have to worry about ugly
> workarounds; a touch screen only interface will be in the upstream

Yes, there is touchscreen only support in development.
The coming android "cupcake" branch does include software keyboard support.

But the Neo has only 2 buttons which is really not enough...

See thread http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/fbade4fc62021894/2c80b560c616b22c

"Cupcake still requires the send, end, home, menu, and back hard keys
to function properly."

So we still need workarounds to simulate 5 keys with only 2 available....