Is there an echo-free distro?

ezuall ezuall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:17:33 CET 2009

Hi all,

I've tried most of the distributions and patches that are "echo free" and
nothing has worked sofar except when I configure the volume so low that you
can hardly hear a thing.

One thing that makes troubleshooting this issue so tricky is the fact that
the echo is experienced by the person on the other side of the phone and
there is no way to verify whether there is an echo from the Freerunner
itself.

Would it be possible and what would be the steps involved in creating an
application to check whether the echo problem is present?  Since the echo is
caused by the audio path inside the Neo there has to be some way to verify
and display the magnitude of the echo locally.

Regards
Johan