Spam

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Fri Jan 23 20:16:26 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Steve  'dillo Okay
<armadilo at gothpunk.com> wrote:

> Hmmm. It would appear that somebody's desktop system or server has
> been compromised.

No, looking at the headers, almost certainly not. Someone simply
forged Mickey's address using their email client. I receive spam
"From" my address all the time. The only difference is that they sent
it through the mailing list.

> You all might want to check your AV software.
> Can I also suggest that people not use the offensive subject in their
> replies? ---It only gives the bigots
> more traction and voice.  If you think the message is offensive, just
> think of what it will look like in a Google search
> 3 months from now.

A better rule (which I have just violated) is not to reply at all,
since it just clutters the list.

Jim