How to view Qtopia .pic files

Pander pander at
Sat Jan 24 10:35:54 CET 2009

Pander wrote:
> Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> Pander wrote:
>>> How can I view Qtopia .pic files on my Ubuntu machine and possibly
>>> convert them to PNG/SVG?
>> They could be converted back to svg, but I wasn't able to make the
>> qtopia tool work for me.
>> I suggest you to browse the Qtopia source to get the original svg files
>> from which the pic files are generated.
> Where can I download this tool? I'm interested in converting back and
> forward to this format.

Ah, it is called svgtopicture. Building it requires installing
QtExtended SDK (.iso) via which needs VMware player (.rpm)
rpm on Debian started complaining about not finding /bin/sh (while it
was there) and running alian told me that the pre and post install
scripts were skipped. So I abandoned this path in order to keep my
system sane.

Anyone else got svgtopicture successfully build?