which file system for sd card?

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano monto84 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 10:58:34 CET 2009

William Kenworthy ha scritto:
> I found vfat clearly better (less susceptible to corruption) than ext2,
> however ext3 is better than vfat, but will still play up at times.
> Using it for OSM maps
>
> BillK

IMHO the best fs for sd is vfat if you don't care about permission, so
if you have to put your photos or docs on it, else ext2 is BETTER than
ext3 in this case for a simple reason, it doesn't have the journal.
Not having the journal imlies a redouced number of write to sd and a
reduced probability to get the data lost.

Pietro