[2008.12] GPS from python

Robert Damphousse rjdampho at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:20:23 CET 2009

I have always used the gps.py module that is included with linux on my
desktop distros (debian, ubuntu etc).  It can usually be found here:

I am dunning Debian on my Freerunner, I copied gps.py from my desktop to the
same location on the phone and it works just fine!  Usage goes like this:

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 22 2008, 07:57:53)
>>> import gps
>>> g = gps.gps()
>>> g.query("admosy")
>>> g.fix.latitude